Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I may be no Nesta Jones, but I may be a contender for HBIC one day.

3 papers down. 1 to go. The opus looms.

Other things also looming (besides volcanic ash): the return of my two papers from last week, TOMORROW. It'll make or break my day as usual.

Alas, it is WEDNESDAY and THE FINAL Ladies Who Lunch (on NYU budget money since we each got a £5 Pizza Express coupon - thanks Sexton?). It also means a morning crash-course in Microsoft Publisher.

I think I might close down the Senate House Social Club tomorrow night & then after party in camp kitchen. I didn't make it to watching blasted Season 3, Episode 5 of The Tudors today, but I did manage to break the seal on the opus of all things related to war and modern British Drama (and take a solid/much needed 2 hour nap), so I can't complain.

I have a surprise to tell you, but I can't share because then it wouldn't be a surprise when my mom picks me up at the airport Saturday (Tracy knows & if you're in London you know - but none of ya'll will tell or I'll bust a cap on you and it won't be pretty). I will say that it's something I didn't see myself doing when I came here. Who knows, she may not even recognize me. No worries, though, it's not a jarring facial tattoo/piercing (or any tattoo or piecing for that matter). But it's definitely bangin' - at least I think so.

The days keep dwindling down - funny that it feels like its a RETURN TO WINTER HERE. (Seriously, I don't think the temp. got above 50 for more than 15 minutes today.) Guess it's just part of that cyclical hero's journey. If Saturday is The Return, does this mean I'm currently at The Atonement? I'd like to hope that I left The Abyss a long time ago. (:D) I can't get sentimental and retrospective yet, though, there are all those words looming.

Here's to all things shiny, tacky, wonderful and good.

xoxo & cheers,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment